IFStile is a cross-platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, WebAssembly) freeware program that can:
- build any affine directed graph iterated function system (IFS) in an Euclidean space of arbitrary dimension (as 2D or 3D section)
- fully automatically find interesting fractal shapes, rep-tiles, multi-tiles, irreptiles, carpets, dragons, etc
- extract the boundary of self-affine tiles as directed graph IFS
- compute dimensions of the boundary of self-affine tiles (numerically and analytically)
- export and import Fractint IFS format, export Apophysis .flame format
- effectively zoom IFS fractals
- render high resolution images (with batch rendering)
- render keyframe animation
- create and save 3D mesh
The program uses a special rendering algorithm that can unveil complex structures of the fractal.
When you save a rendered image to PNG format, the program automatically saves all parameters (IFS, palette) inside the PNG, and you can load such PNG to the program to restore your workspace.
Latest version: 2.53
macOS: if the program doesn’t start, use the following command in the terminal:
sudo xattr -rds com.apple.quarantine /Applications/IFStile.app
Supported browsers: Firefox, Chrome (and others Chromium-based like MS Edge) for Desktop and Android